Bits and pieces

My little houses are now sashed and bordered and just need to be layered for quilting.  If time permits I would like to do a bit of big stitch Perle thread quilting and then add prairie points to the outer edge.  I have decided to name this quilt "Midsomer Madness" as some of the little houses were stitched while watching this favourite TV series and it was stitched here in mid summer.

A couple of new books have arrived and are very welcome additions to our library.  These are Dorothy Osler's much blogged about book "Amish Quilts and the Welsh Connection" which is a great read and also Kathryn Berenson's "Marseilles - The Cradle of White Corded Quilting" which as yet I haven't had an opportunity to look at.

At the last Thursday class it was Rachael's turn to put her blocks on the display wall and decide on what fabric to choose for sashing and borders for her version of the "Jacob and Friends" quilt. 

Till next time
Frances

Comments

susis quilts said…
dear frances,your little houses quilt looks just beautiful,happy quilting,susi
Susan said…
Love your Midsomer neighborhood! Although there are a lot of murders in Midsomer! LOL!!
Jenny and Robin said…
Your little houses look so cute!!
LesQuilts said…
That is a great little house quilt!
One of a kind!
Take care, Leslie
Lisa said…
I can't believe you have those houses all done and put together! I must have lost track of the time. I have both those books, and they are both very nice. You should get the new Civil War Quilt book by Don Beld, as it is one of the nicest books I've seen, with lots of close ups of FABRIC. ;)
Linda said…
The little house quilt, aka the town at Midsomer Madness, is looking really good. It's been a lot of fun, hasn't it. The books look interesting. Rachel's Jacob quilt is coming together very well too. Lovely post Frances. You always have something interesting to share.
I really like your House Quilt...
You did a great job and I know how time consuming it must have been.
Merilyn said…
Gee! you did well to make 33 house blocks for your quilt, they look wonderful together, Bravo!!!!
I plan on getting the Amish/Welsh quilt book, it looks to be right up my alley!!!!
Karen said…
That's an appropriate name for your quilt of houses. It looks great!
Sue said…
Wow that is a great lookin'quilt with all those houses. So quickly done Frances!
Joy V said…
Love your little houses Frances - great name too.
Elyte said…
Your houses look great Frances. I will keep an eye out for those books, they look very interesting.

Popular posts from this blog

Pickle Dish, DWR and friends

Blogger's Quilt Festival

Quilt Patterns on Cosy Project