Outside and Inside the Studio

When Peter was at a local garden centre yesterday he just could not resist bringing home this statue to sit outside our studio.
Meanwhile inside the studio today I couldn't resist playing with my Farmers Wife blocks and cutting out a few more ready for machine piecing.  I still haven't repeated any of the fabrics and I have loads more small pieces in the stash to add to the eclectic mix.  You can also see just a hint of a black, white and red project that I am working on for a forthcoming class.

Speaking of classes, a lovely group of ladies took their first steps towards becoming new quilters at one of our sampler classes at Cairns Craft Centre on Thursday evening.  While I was busy showing the girls some basic techniques Peter took a few photos of some of the fabric pallettes that they will be working with.

It is going to be interesting seeing how each interpretation of the class quilt "Jacob and Friends" evolves.
"Jacob and Friends" by Frances Leate

Till next time
Frances

Comments

straythreads said…
love the farmers wife blocks can't believe you haven't repeated fabrics!! I have an owl that sits on the utility pole outside my house most evenings love to hear it coo and hoot.
Ann
Doniene said…
The Farmer's wife blocks are beautiful!! Love that you are not duplicating fabrics. The black,red & white looks interesting!! Have a great weekend!
Merilyn said…
Love the owl! He makes quite an impression!!! I like the sampler quilt you have designed for your new quilters, lots of different techniques there! They should have a lot of fun!!!
Shirley said…
well done to your new beginners for taking that first step, may they be well and truly hooked.
Radka said…
I love your owl, he (she?) seems right at home :)
Linda said…
Oh Frances, just love that owl. We still have one that visits for a feed of bugs each night. Your farmer's wife blocks are all so interesting, and will make a wonderful quilt in time. The B/W/R snippet looks interesting too. Hope the ladies enjoy their class, colours look very appealing. Have a great weekend.
Susan said…
WOW! Look at all those FW blocks! Not one fabric duplicated- that's an achievement! And I love the owl too! Very wise indeed!
Lisa said…
Love the owl! He has so much personality. I agree it will be interesting to see those varied palettes turn into quilts.
Karen said…
Looks like your new owl has made itself right at home. Lovely.
It is great to hear when new quilters are starting out. It is so exciting because you know all the great things they are going to discover.
Elyte said…
What a lovely surprise. The owl looks so wise and serene.
I do enjoy seeing the colours people choose for their projects and how they put them together.
Looks like we have be working on the same project.
PS. Still celebrating my good fortune. Thanks again.
Hello Frances, LOVE your Owl. So perfect for your in front of your studio. Your farmer wife blocks are looking great. I am sure all your student will create great blocks with your help. Hugs Judy
Sue said…
Love the owl Frances, but I think we have the real thing here somewhere. I hear it hooting at night.LOL!
Your Farmers wife blocks are looking great. Congrats on not using the same fabric twice. That makes for extra work!

Popular posts from this blog

Pickle Dish, DWR and friends

Blogger's Quilt Festival

Civil War Blocks