"Concerto for Mixed Peel" in print

The latest edition of Australian Homespun magazine Vol 13 No 2 features my quilt project "Concerto for Mixed Peel".  This was a very enjoyable quilt to make and I used the fusible applique method to make it a fun and easy project.
Australian Homespun No. 105 Vol. 13 No. 2

Alongside this project there is a profile on me which also shows photos of some of my later quilts.  The photos were taken by Peter and the quilt on the left-hand side "Quest for Gold" was a joint design effort by us. 
"Concerto for Mixed Peel" by Frances Leate

Till next time
Frances

Comments

Wow, Congratulation on being in the Homespun Mag. The quilt blocks look very complicated but lovely. Hugs Judy
Vivian said…
How rewarding it must be to see one of your own quilts on the cover of a magazine. I've not see this design before--the graduated sizes of orange peel blocks. It's a great look.
Congrat's on the cover and also the biographical article inside. Peter certainly knows how to showcase your work. This issue is a testament to your fine work together.
Sue said…
Well done Frances a lovely quilt. How nice to see you work in print.
Shirley said…
Hello Frances,

My Homespun magazine came through the door today and it was a lovely surprise to see you there and I love your quilt project. It is one that I can see myself making. Keep up the good work.
Merilyn said…
Congratulations on being featured in Australian Homespun magazine!
Quite an honour and your Mixed Peel quilt is just lovely! I'll have to look out for this magazine in the coming week!
straythreads said…
Congrats!!!!What a thrill and honor for you. Gorgeous quilt
Ann
Linda said…
Hi Frances, and congratulations on yet another lovely quilt. They are popping up all over the place now!! I will make sure the newsagent in town keeps me a copy. The featured quilt looks like a mathematical masterpiece for starters, and then you have brought it to life with colour!! I am really looking forward to seeing the article, loved the one in APQ [my friend gave me her copy to read]. Cheers.
Jenny said…
Congratulations - what a thrill to see your work in print!
Karen said…
Congratulations on having your lovely quilt in Homespun. It looks great. I am waiting for my copy to arrive in the letterbox.
Elyte said…
Congratulations Frances, I will definitely look out for this magazine. Must tell you that I was true to my promise. I supported my favourite quilt shop very well this week, as requested.
Joy V said…
Congrats Frances - your quilts are always amazing. Homespun is a great mag - about the only one I now subscribe to.
Sue said…
OOW ! I might have to buy the mag. Love that block. Well done Frances!

Popular posts from this blog

Pickle Dish, DWR and friends

Blogger's Quilt Festival

Quilt Patterns on Cosy Project