Creating quilts

Daily life for Peter and I has just started to get back to normal and I realised that I haven't posted for a while so here are some photos I found in the camera from last week.

The Thursday night class have progressed wonderfully with their first sampler quilt and here is Margaret's lovely creation all layered, pinned and ready for her to begin the next stage to machine quilt it.
Mandy is also at the same stage and I just love the striped border and owl print.
Rachael is nearly there and just needs to add the borders to this stunner.

I also found this photo I took of the main design wall area in my studio when I was having lots of fun playing with my Farmers Wife blocks which I hope to get back to real soon now!

Till next time
Frances

Comments

Shirley said…
It always amazes me how different the same quilt can look with different fabrics and colourways. Your ladies are showing great talent already. Love the contrast between your houses quilt and the Farmer's Wife.
Susan said…
Your FW blocks are looking great! The spotted sampler is my favourite. How do they intend quilting these, Frances? Take care!
Jenny said…
Isn't it just wonderful how the same pattern can look so individual with the different fabric choices.

You must get a lot of pleasure helping new quilters get started.
Merilyn said…
Your students have done well with their sampler quilts, all so very different yet the same. Love your FW blocks, very yummy!!!
Linda said…
All such beautiful quilts, and all so different. Your girls are doing very well indeed. I love your FW blocks, and they will make a gorgeous quilt in time. Alas, time isn't always on our side, is it. Take care, and happy stitching.
Radka said…
It is always hard to believe that the quilts are someone's "first":)
Lisa said…
I love seeing what other people pick for fabrics, and how they use colors I wouldn't be drawn to, but look great. Thanks for the pics.

Popular posts from this blog

Pickle Dish, DWR and friends

Blogger's Quilt Festival

Quilt Patterns on Cosy Project