Studio goings on

There have been a lot of tropical downpours in recent times in our neck of the woods as Cairns endures a late wet season and suffers the usual inconveniences of flooded and closed roads.  So while all this was going on outside I retreated inside to my studio and have been working on a number of projects.  On the design wall is a new design where I have been working with a gorgeous panel and having lots of fun adding borders but this has now been temporarily put aside so I can finish the quilt on the worktable.  This soft floral two block quilt needs some borders and then I will machine quilt it to meet a looming deadline.



On a smaller design wall are the Pies and Tarts quilt blocks and this project needs one more Pie block before I stitch them together and start adding the Tarts to the block intersections.

Till next time
Frances

Comments

Doniene said…
All lovely projects!!! In particular, I love the panel quilt!!! Colors, design, borders everything!!! Thanks for sharing!!
Have a great day!!
Susan said…
Your Pies and Tarts is really pretty! Is that your Farmer's WIfe I see on your design wall? I look forward to seeing the 'tree' panel quilt close up too!
Shirley said…
The pies without the tarts looks terrific. I am reminded that mine is sad and forgotten but at least I can ogle yours. It will be wonderful when you have added the tarts.
Merilyn said…
You have a great sewing space, and I love the panel WIP! It's nice to work with softer pastels now and again, hope you meet your deadline!!!
Radka said…
Your studio looks so nice and cozy :)
We could do with some of your rain righ now, however much we are enjoying the sunshine. Everything is so dry.
Linda said…
What a lovely stitching studio you have Frances, and so be it, your work deserves such surroundings. I can see the quilt with the panel is going to look great, and of course, I don't need to tell you how much I love the pies and tarts quilt [yellow]. Cheers, and hope you are drying out up there, it's been horrendous hasn't it.
Karen said…
We have been hearing on the news about all the rain in your area. Glad you had the studio to escape to.
Great to see the progress on your projects. Love the idea of adding lots of borders to a panel. And only one pie to go!!!
Lisa said…
I loved seeing your design wall!! And your studio is so spacious, I'm envious. No wonder you get so much done!

Popular posts from this blog

Pickle Dish, DWR and friends

Blogger's Quilt Festival

Quilt Patterns on Cosy Project