More Farmers Wife

Cairns has enjoyed perfect weather for the Queen's Birthday holiday long weekend and we really enjoyed getting outside to lap it up.  It makes the wet and high humidity of the summer all worthwhile when winter comes with such wonderfully warm and sunny days.

I did manage to drag myself into the studio to have some fun with the Farmers Wife project and finished six more blocks to take the count to 50.  The blocks are getting very scrappy and so far I haven't repeated the fabrics in more than one block.  I have really enjoyed digging deep into the stash and so many of the fabrics bring back happy memories of earlier quilt projects.  The centre floral fabric in the bottom right-hand corner block features in the quilt I will be sleeping under tonight - yes it does get cold enough in the tropics for quilts.  Sorry about my poor photography skills and I should have waited till tomorrow to take the photos in a stronger light.

Earlier in the week I was busy on my Bernina finishing the machine quilting on a project commission and here is the back of the quilt.

Till next time
Frances


Comments

susis quilts said…
dear frances,your farmrs wife blocks are very beautiful,nice fabrics and thanks for your nice comment on my blog,susi
Shirley said…
Lovely blocks Frances. You are certainly keeping to your word - Focus. That pile is steadily growing whereas mine are stalemate. We are in a monsoon season here in the UK. It is what usually happens when someone declares there is a drought on. I wonder if summer will return.
Linda said…
Congratulations on making so many varied blocks Frances. Your FW quilt should look truly scrappy, and I don't mean than in a nasty way, it's obviously the object of the exercise. Lovely to hear your weather was nice. Can't wait to see the front of the quilt. Cheers for now.
Sue said…
Lovely blocks Frances, and so neat you have managed without repeating a fabric. Shows how big the stash is hey??

Popular posts from this blog

Pickle Dish, DWR and friends

Blogger's Quilt Festival

Quilt Patterns on Cosy Project