Bits and pieces

I have been housebound with a flu/cold for nearly a week now and as I ammissing my sewing machines I hope I will get enough energy to get out into the studio soon to complete some of my current projects.  I have managed to stitch down the binding on my little houses quilt, "Midsomer Madness" so this is another to cross off the UFO list.
"Midsomer Madness" by Frances Leate
I have a few other photos to share with you and one of them is the very pretty quilt by my friend and fellow Sunday Stitcher Joan Taylor which has been published in the current edition of Australian Patchwork and Quilting Vol 21 No. 8.  This lovely pink and green quilt looks wonderful featured on the cover.

Then there is this stunning wall quilt by Lesleigh McLennan another Sunday Stitcher.  Lesleigh made this quilt for a member of her family and only recently got a photo to send to me.

I found this photo in the camera which I took at one of my Mini Quilt Workshop at Cairns Craft Centre.  In keeping with the "Christmas in July" theme it was a Christmas themed quilt.

Peter knows how I love yellow roses so he thought these beauties would cheer me up.

Till next time
Frances






Comments

Shirley said…
I hope Inspector Barnaby lives in one of those houses Frances. The quilt looks great. Hope the roses did the trick and cheered you up and that you are feeling better and well done to your ladies.
straythreads said…
Love the little house quilt. I have a short stack of paper pieced houses that I got as a moving gift a few moves ago you inspire me maybe I will dig it out and sew on it. Hope the cold is getting better.
Ann
Karen said…
I am sorry to read you have not been well. These bugs seem to take a while to shake this year. Must be a stronger strain than usual.
Great to see your houses all finished and on their hanger. It looks great!
Get well quickly.
Sue said…
What a lovely husband you have. Hope you're feeling better soon. Your little houses quilt is lovely!
Linda said…
Love your 'Midsomer Madness', simply gorgeous Frances. And, congratulations to your friend and fellow stitcher Joan, her quilt looks stunning, as is the stained glass work. I am so sorry to hear you have had the flu again, and hope you will be up and around again soon. Love Peter's choice in flowers. My husband adores 'Friesia', and we have it planted just outside the lounge room door. Received your email, thanks, just no time to reply with 'family issues'. Love to you both.
I generally call that block 'school house'and it is one of my favorites. Great job, Frances.
Missommer Murders is a fav of mine too.

Popular posts from this blog

Pickle Dish, DWR and friends

Blogger's Quilt Festival

Quilt Patterns on Cosy Project