"A Spring Affair"

In the latest edition of Australian Patchwork & Quilting Vol 21 No 10 you can check out one of my designs "A Spring Affair".  This is a single bed sized two block quilt with a pieced border in a very soft toned pallet in pinks, blues, greens and of course my favourite yellow.
 
 
For some time this project was just a pile of pink, blue, green and yellow blocks and I couldn't decide what to do with them.  The next time I worked on them I decided to add an alternate block using a lovely floral print on a white background set in a square in a square setting.  When the quilt was commissioned I still hadn't decided on a border so it was finally decision time.  I always work well with a deadline and decided to add a pieced border and then an outer border with the floral print that was in the first lot of blocks.
 
 
I quilted "A Spring Affair" on my Bernina Aurora 440 with the aid of a floral stencil for the alternate blocks and my collection of circle templates for the star blocks and pieced border.
 
It was a hard quilt to photograph with the soft colours and the photo taken outside makes the quilt look very different to the ones in the magazine which I snapped inside when I finally got my hands on a copy of the magazine late today.
 
Till next time
Frances
 
 

Comments

Radka said…
Lovely quilt, Frances, as always.Pretty soft shades and design.
I know, sometimes it is difficult to take a picture outside, specially on a bright day, the colours never look true.
Shirley said…
A lovely soft quilt Frances. I am sure it will be a popular quilt to make.
Doniene said…
Frances, it is just absolutely lovely!! Bravo for you!! I may just have to to try and find a copy of the magazine!! I can then say "I 'know' this fun quilter!!!"

Blessings
Linda said…
Such glorious soft colours again Frances. Congratulations on such a work load. You never seem to let up!!! Thank you for keeping in contact - always lovely to hear from you. Hope the weather soon warms up a little at night here, days are lovely. Take care.
Karen said…
Congratulations. Your quit looks very pretty in those lovely soft shades. I like the way you have used the blocks so effectively. Looking forward to seeing it in the magazine.
Joy V said…
Again Frances, another lovely quilt. The colours look fabulous. Will have to keep my eye out for the mag.
Hi Frances, I bought the magazine yesterday and thought what a pretty quilt when I came to that page, then realized it was yours! As usual, lovely quilt.
Jen said…
Hello Frances. Your Quilt is very pretty and soft I like the floral border frameing the quilt and how it tones in with the blocks.
We are travelling at the moment but dont think we will make it as far as you,Sunny days here and cold nights.
Merilyn said…
You did a wonderful job with your quilt, and congratulations on getting it published too!!! My! your quilting on this piece is just lovely!!!!
Sue said…
Lovely Quilt Frances. Soft colours aren't my thing, but yours is lovely. Congrats for the Magazine. My friend here in NZ made the quilt with the bowl of fruit on the front cover.

Popular posts from this blog

Pickle Dish, DWR and friends

Blogger's Quilt Festival

Quilt Patterns on Cosy Project