Sunday Stitching

The Sunday Stitchers brought along some wonderful work to share with us and first up is Thora's beautiful Civil War quilt which took out first prize in the Patchwork Open section at the recent Atherton Show.  Thora made this quilt from the blocks that Barbara Brackman posted on her blog every week last year and it has turned out to be an absolutely wonderful quilt.  Congratulations Thora!  Maybe I will now be inspired to set and finish my stack of Civil War blocks.


Jenny has finished the top for "Star Turn" from my recent Mini Quilt workshop.

We have been watching Kathy work on Anni Down's "An Angels Story" and we were delighted to see the finished quilt.  Kathy quilted this herself on a domestic sewing machine and I have shown some detail from the border.

Kathy also had a beautiful block roll she has recently finished with the lovely message "I'm always happy when I am stitching". 

Till next time
Frances



Comments

straythreads said…
Beautiful quilts!!! Ann
Merilyn said…
Thora did a wonderful job on her CW quilt!!! I still haven't done anything with mine, not enough time, ho hum!!!...... Has she posted a picture of her finished quilt on Barbara's flickr group? I'm sure everyone would love to see it, there have been some beautiful quilts made with with these blocks!!!!
Shirley said…
Beautiful work and I couldn't agree more about the sentiments of the stitching.
Radka said…
Well done Thora! What a beauty!
I also like An Angels Story, such a pretty quilt :-)
Joy V said…
Again, some more fantastic work. Thora's quilt is fabulous - also making me want to get on with mine.
Sue said…
Thanks for the lovely Show & Tell Frances.
Linda said…
These quilts are all spectacular in their own way Frances. Your ladies are making some really beautiful pieces, and thank you as always for sharing their work. Cheers.
Jen said…
The quilts are all just beautiful 'Amazing Thora's Civil war quilt. Angels Story is very pretty. Thanks for shareing Frances.
Elyte said…
Great variety of projects and all beautifully done. I admire those CW quilts and it is a constant reminder that I have a handful of blocks somewhere!

Popular posts from this blog

Pickle Dish, DWR and friends

Blogger's Quilt Festival

Quilt Patterns on Cosy Project