Countdown to Christmas

As Christmas gets closer we have been gradually decorating the house, studio and courtyard to make everything festive.  With little rain around it has been very hot here in the tropics which has slowed proceedings somewhat but gradually we are getting there.  We have added lots of new decorations this year including this beautiful Nativity Scene by Jim Shore.
 
In the studio I have been gradually adding to the bird tree which now features lots of new owl decorations many of which I received as gifts and I will show these in detail later.
 
We also have a special santa shelf in the house with lots of new ones to add to the collection.
 
Before dinner we often have a drink in the courtyard and really enjoy watching the light show, particularly the gradual awakening of all the solar ones as they light up one by one.
 
I couldn't resist adding a photo of this beautiful Hibiscus which flowered in the courtyard yesterday.
 
Till next time
Frances
 
 
 
 

Comments

Shirley said…
Looking very festive Frances and that is quite a collection of Santa's and owls.
Karen said…
Great to see your Christmas decorations. I do have a weakness for the Jim Shore collections.
Love all the Santas, too.
Joy V said…
Your home looks lovely Frances and I love your collections. I also have a Santa/Father Christmas collection, plus an angel collection. Must remember to take a photo - note to self.....
Radka said…
Lovely pictures, Frances; I love the bird tree!
Sue said…
Love the Bird Tree Frances and all your decorations. Have a safe and happy Christmas. :-)
Linda said…
A beautiful post Frances!! I hope your Christmas is restful, happy and everyone stays safe. Thank you for your support and friendship. It has been a pleasure to read your blog. Cheers.

Popular posts from this blog

Pickle Dish, DWR and friends

Blogger's Quilt Festival

Civil War Blocks