Thirteen - lucky for some!
As the year draws to a close I have been thinking about what I want to do in 2013 and I have decided that "Fun" is going to be the most important thing so that will be my word for the year. I also believe that it will be a lucky year and I am going to go out of my way to make it so for me.
This year I have been focussing on finishing projects and while there are still a lot of unfinished ones in the studio I am pleased to say that I finished more than I started. All of the projects I started in 2012 have been finished although some are tops waiting on quilting, like "Birds, Buttons and Blooms" which I designed around a panel.
| "Birds, Buttons and Blooms" by Frances Leate |
This hand pieced Double Wedding Ring, a long time UFO is now a bed runner and is in the quilting queue.
Some of the projects I made this year were mini quilts like "Petite Fours" and I had a lot of pleasure hand piecing this small one.
![]() |
| "Petite Fours" by Frances Leate |
I well and truly indulged my love affair with medallion quilts this year and "Mary Mary Quite Contrary" was a commission for Quilters Companion "Quilts from Precut Fabrics" No. 2.
![]() |
| "Mary Mary Quite Contrary" by Frances Leate |
In the lead up to Christmas I decided to make gifts for various family members and had a lot of fun making these reversible wrist bags.
All in all 2012 has proved to be a fairly productive year for me despite being out of action for a couple of months and I have bigger hopes for 2013.
Happy New year everyone!
Frances


Comments
I'm sure next year will be even better
Cheers
Linda
Happy, Happy New Year!!
My best wishes for a full, and productive year for you, health, happiness, and of course, FUN. Great word, hope it is so.
Good luck for all your projects in 2013, Frances :-)