Goings on

There was a particularly good turn out at the last meeting of the Sunday Stitchers at Cairns Craft Centre with the usual chat, laughter and cake.

Jenny brought along a quilt she has just got back from her longarm quilter, Sue Cann, which is the Civil War one made for a block of the week which Barbara Brackman did on her blog some time back.

Donna had her very happy quilt made in my Begginers' Patchwork Class and I really enjoy seeing these projects finished.

Back in the studio I have been playing with a layer cake

and most unusually for me I have been doing some hand quilting on my Amish Star quilt.  I long ago gave up hand quilting using the needle rocking method because of my right hand but lately I have started  stab stitching and while slow doesn't cause me so many problems.

Till next time
Frances




Comments

Sue said…
Love your hand quilting Frances.
Doniene said…
What a fun group!! Always nice to get together! Another lovely BB quilt!! I'm in the midst of quilting mine at this time!! Hope to finish it up soon.

The happy quilt is just that "happy"!! So nice to see your students doing well!!

Can't wait to see what you will put together with your layer cake!! The fabrics look wonderful!

Blessings
Shirley said…
Lovely quilts from your merry band. Even slow progress is still progress Frances and gets the job done however you do it. I must say it looks pretty good from where I am sitting.
Every Stitch said…
Your quilt looks beautiful - and am sure the slow hand quilting will be worth it! Looks like a fun gathering :)
Hilda
Karen said…
Great to see so many at your stitching group and I always enjoy seeing their quilts. Lovely to see you being able to do some more hand quilting.
Elyte said…
Haven't popped in for a while. Glad to see the Sunday stitchers still busy and producing beautiful work.
I think the hand quilting will definitely be worth the time and effort.
Radka said…
I love the colours you have used for your Amish Star quilt :-)
Joy V said…
Again beautiful photos Frances. I also have the problem with hand quilting and have been 'stab-stitching' for while. It is slower than the rocking method, but I also feel it is easier to achieve a smaller stitch.

Popular posts from this blog

Pickle Dish, DWR and friends

Blogger's Quilt Festival

Quilt Patterns on Cosy Project