It was a "fun" year

At the beginning of each new year I pick a word and "fun" was my word for 2013 and now looking back it was indeed a wonderful year with lots and lots of fun.  Whenever I was inspired to start a new project I just went for it and didn't worry too much about all the other work and while I didn't finish everything there is always next year!!!  

Every month and at classes we get to spend time with a fun group of women and enjoy stitching, chat, good food and lots of laughter.
Sunday Stitchers at Cairns Craft Centre
We also ventured south again to visit the Sydney Quilt Show which always amazes with a wonderful display of quilts and where I got to spend time with family.  This year I also was lucky enough to come home with a new Bernina to add to the machine collection in the studio.
Sydney Quilt Show, Darling Harbour, June 2013
Brisbane was also on our itinerary and we fulfilled a long time desire to see the V& A antique quilt exhibition
V&A Quilts 1700-1945, GOMA, Brisbane
The month of October saw a succession of celebrations for Peter's 70th although most of these were low key as the final and main celebration will be our upcoming trip to Hawaii.


So it was indeed a "fun" year and the fun is just going to continue.  Now I need a new word for 2014 and after a lot of deliberation I have decided to choose - 
Simplicity
I am still not sure how I will apply this but I do know that it is time to clear a lot of "things" from the studio and home and to work at keeping my designs and instructions simple and not let them get too complicated. For me this is all going to be quite a challenge but I will let you know how I go.


So now I would like to take this opportunity to thank everyone who follows or visits this blog and wish them a very happy and fulfilling 2014.
Happy New from Peter and Frances
Till next time
Frances




Comments

My Bernina is 45 years old and still going strong....I wish you many years enjoyment with yours,
all the best for 2014,
Jan
Radka said…
Happy New Year, Frances!
xx
Every Stitch said…
Happy New Year to you too! What a nice summary of your year. Looking forward to "Simplicity" in 2014 - it is always a challenge to keep it simple !
Hilda
Joy V said…
And the best of New Year to both you and Peter. Hope it is a good 2014 for you both. Like your word for this year also.
Jenny said…
Happy New Year to you both. I always enjoy reading your lovely blog and seeing about your shop and your stitching ladies.
Karen said…
Happy New Year.
Have a wonderful 2014.
Good luck with Simplicity!
Shirley said…
Happy New Year Frances and Peter. My new word is Content and I plan to use it every which way. Continue with Fun too. I shall look forward to seeing what develops ths year. Xxx
Vivian said…
Happy Holidays and Happy New Year to you, Frances. I like your word choices for 2013 and 2014. I usually try to focus on "simplicity," but it quickly escapes my grasp each year. Maybe this will be the year I'll implement it.
On to some fun in 2014. I'll be looking for that as well.

Popular posts from this blog

Pickle Dish, DWR and friends

Blogger's Quilt Festival

Civil War Blocks