Projects in print

For the last three issues Australian Patchwork & Quilting have been running a mystery quilt project and yes it is one of my designs.  In Vol 23 No 5 the mystery was revealed and here is "Red Sky at Night".  The quilt is all reds and beiges and it was fun playing with different textures in this simple colour pallette.


"Red Sky at Night" by Frances Leate - AP&Q Vol 23 Nos. 3, 4 and 5
Also appearing in this volume of Australian Patchwork & Quilting is another project of mine "Nostalgia" where I delved into my stash and used lots of different fabrics.  I started with a basic colour pallette of red, purple, green and brown and then just kept adding different prints and textures.  Most of these fabrics reminded me of earlier projects where they had been used so hence the name.

"Nostalgia" by Frances Leate - AP&Q Vol 23 No 5
Till next time
Frances








Comments

Radka said…
Congratulations, Frances, both quilts are beautiful. I love the "Red Sky at Night" very much.
x
Susan said…
Wow! I love both these quilts, but the mystery quilt is very eye catching with all that bold red!! Great job Frances!
Doniene said…
Major congratulations on being in print!! And the quilts are so lovely and so inspiring, too!! I LOVE red sky at night!!

Blessings and hugs!!
Shirley said…
They are both great quilts Frances. I love the reminders that using up stash gives us of past projects.
Karen said…
Both are stunning quilts.
I received my copy on Friday and was very impressed with the presentation of your quilts.
Congratulations!!
Joy V said…
Both those quilts are fabulous. Frances you never cease to amaze me with the designs you keep coming up with.
Sue said…
Well done Francis. Both very worthy of being in the magazines.
Sue said…
I love both your quilts Frances. I dont get that mag. ( have too many to store) but I have the stash to make Nostalgia.VBG!

Popular posts from this blog

Pickle Dish, DWR and friends

Blogger's Quilt Festival

Quilt Patterns on Cosy Project