Yellow
"There are painters who transform the sun into a yellow spot, but there are others who, thanks to their art and their intelligence, transform a yellow spot into the sun." Pablo PicassoI grew up as a family of six girls and our Mother assigned a colour to each of us and mine was yellow. I had a yellow toothbrush and many of my clothes and school uniforms were marked with yellow cotton thread. From that day, if anyone asked me what my favourite colour was I would always answer "yellow".
It is a colour that makes me feel happy and if it is used with the right balance in a quilt it can certainly intensify the other colours and enhance the quilt.
My favourite flowers are yellow roses -
I love yellow fabric - new and old
Now its time to get back to the machine to finish quilting a bright and happy quilt I have called "A Summer Place" and surprise, surprise it has some yellow in it!!!
Till next time
Frances
Comments