Out and About

At this time of year tropical Cairns is a popular destination as people escape the cold winter weather of the southern States and during the last couple of weeks we have entertained quite a few visitors.  Yesterday I had the pleasure of spending the day with Meg Orr a quilting teacher from Sydney and we took a trip along the coast road up to Port Douglas - a very scenic trip although it was not a brilliant day for photography.



I was attracted by some of the interesting gnarled tree trunks we saw along the way -

and the texture of this big stitch quilting on the back of a lounge throw caught my eye -

I also have a new baby - an updated laptop with lots of upgraded software - so now we just have to finish transferring all my files and I have to learn how to drive the new programs.  I have already discovered that a 5 minute job can now take about 5 hours but I am sure it will all be worth it in the end.

Till next time
Frances

Comments

Radka said…
Enjoy your new toy, Frances! Thank you for sharing your pictures.
Anonymous said…
Enjoy the new baby - amazing how simple switchovers take ages to effect and get used to. But it will be fun!
Shirley said…
Just catching up Frances, have been up north for a wedding. My daughter no.2 learnt to dive at Cairns and daughter no1 did skydiving there. They both loved Cairns. Loving all your stitchery.
Love Shirley.x
Sue said…
Hi Frances
Love your Pie blocks. Nice choice of fabrics.
Cheers
Sue

Popular posts from this blog

Pickle Dish, DWR and friends

Blogger's Quilt Festival

Quilt Patterns on Cosy Project