Works in Progress

It was back to the machine this weekend to finish the quilting on a project that now has a deadline.  I don't know about you but I seem to finish a lot more quilts and other items when deadlines loom.

The other day I was rummaging in a cupboard looking for some special fabric when I came across a few Candlewicked blocks made from designs in a Jean Jensen book.  I had embroidered these blocks quite some time back and never got around to assembling them into a table runner.  The blocks are now stitched together with beige tone on tone borders and I just need to layer the runner and add some quilting - progress!

These new tarts were added to the heap for my very addictive Pies & Tarts project.  I do enjoy hand stitching so much.

Till next time
Frances

Comments

Sue said…
These hand projects are addictive- The pies are looking good-
Why do we impose these deadlines on ourselves- Keep at it Francis you are getting their.
Shirley said…
Hi Frances, still loving those pies and tarts. I know what you mean about a deadline. I finished quite a few things in a short space of time when we had our exhibition. One item required just an afternoon of sewing and it had been hidden in a cupboard for a very long time. Blogging also can make you get on and do things jsut for the progress report. Mind you it has also added to the list of UFO's also.
Shirley.

Popular posts from this blog

Pickle Dish, DWR and friends

Blogger's Quilt Festival

Quilt Patterns on Cosy Project