"Seven Sisters" - Block 3

Stitching the "Seven Sisters" block for the Civil War quilt using the needleturn applique method slowed me down a little this week.  Also, the reproduction fabric I selected for the stars could have been of a slightly finer weave to get sharper points but I got there and its not even Sunday yet.
Block 3 - "Seven Sisters"

Before Christmas I had a lot of fun making these cute little pincushions using bottle caps for the base covered with felt and filled with stuffing.  I embellished a few with embroidery and some day will finish the embroidery on the others and hopefully make some more for gifts.

Till next time
Frances

Comments

Radka said…
I can see why your block has taken some time, but it is looking very nice:))
Sue said…
Nice block you nailed that one.
Linda said…
I love stars!! This looks really lovely in the blues. I have to admit I hate sharp points with needleturn. Love the little pincushions, what a great idea. Happy stitching, hope the humidity is not too high up there.
Julia said…
Mine is ready to be stitched..Really didn't like this one at first, but it's growing on me...I will needle turn mine too..
Yours looks great.
Julia ♥

Popular posts from this blog

Pickle Dish, DWR and friends

Blogger's Quilt Festival

Quilt Patterns on Cosy Project