Stitching the week away!

I have spent a lot of time this week looking at the amazing red and white quilts that have been posted on numerous blogs and links on the net - what absolutely amazing inspiration!  There is no doubt that it would have been an incredible experience to be there in person to enjoy these quilts and I am sure that everyone who went would be in agreement - what a fantastic collection and you can see some of them here and the creative way they were displayed.

In between soaking up these amazing quilts I have been working on my own little fun red and white quilt - I think I will name it "Home Town" - and now just have to stitch the border on.

I have also spent quite a bit of time this week on a large fusible applique project which in a rash moment I decided to hand blanket stitch and just for the heck of it I have been saving all the embroidery thread offcuts in a jar - it will be fun to watch them grow as I complete the blocks.  Just a bit of trivia!

Till next time
Frances

Comments

Shirley said…
Hi Frances,
I too am just awestruck with all the red and white quilts around. Sue from I Sew Quilts sent me loads of fabulous photo's to ogle. They are just so uplifting. Love your houses.
Shirley.
Susan said…
Love the little red and white house quilt! Do you have pattern? fab!
Linda said…
Those little houses are cute Frances. The colour scheme is refreshing actually. I love hand blanket stitch. Keep us updated on the thread jar [some have them posted on StitchinFingers as 'orts' jars]. I just throw mine out.
Margaret said…
Red and white reminds me of my childhood. Spots stripes, tea towels but your little houses take the cake for loveliness.
Radka said…
I too have been watching pictures of "Red and White" exhibition on various blogs, they are something special:) But I LOVE your little houses, Frances! So sweet:)
Maureen said…
What happy houses Frances! Just discovered you and I've checked out some of your older posts. I especially enjoy your hand projects. Thanks!

Popular posts from this blog

Pickle Dish, DWR and friends

Blogger's Quilt Festival

Quilt Patterns on Cosy Project