Lucky me!

When the lovely Shirley over at Stitcherydo had a giveaway recently I was the incredibly lucky winner and look at the wonderful thimble holder I received in the mail today.  Inside this beautiful and skilfully beaded thimble holder is a lovely soft pink thimble which moulds to your finger and is very comfortable to wear - sorry I forgot to photograph it in my excitement this afternoon.
BUT.... there was more in the package which included another thimble, a lovely souvenir one of Taunton, and a recipe book of  "Favourite Somerset Recipes" which was a present for Peter so he can make treats for the Sunday Stitcher's morning tea and when we have an all day "stitch in".

Thank you Shirley and these wonderful gifts have come to a good home where they will be treasured and loved.

Till next time
Frances

Comments

Shirley said…
It was my pleasure Frances.
Susan said…
Lovely, lovely thimble holder! Pretty in pink! I am sure you will get so much please using your new thimble and holder!
Vivian said…
You Lucky Lady! What a wonderful way to begin a weekend, with a package in the mail. How sweet of Shirley to think of your husband too, but of course you and the quilters will all benefit from his baking adventures with the new book :)
Enjoy!
Joanne said…
Congratulations! Great gifts.♥
Radka said…
Well done, Frances, they all are lovely presents :)
Lisa said…
That's awesome Frances! What a great thimbleholder. I've never seen one like it.
Linda said…
What a lovely thimble holder Frances, congratulations on being the lucky lady. Congratulations too to Shirley for having made such a beautiful piece. I am sure her efforts are not wasted on you. Thanks for sharing your excitement. Always lovely to see what the mail has in store for friends.
Joy V said…
Indeed lucky you - that is one beautiful thimble holder.
Joy V said…
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Elyte said…
Congratulations Frances. A practical and very decorative gift. Shirley's handiwork is always first class.
Jen said…
Hello Frances! Congratulations on your gift. The beaded thimble holder is unique and pretty. How cool to receive a gift like that.
Very exciting.

Popular posts from this blog

Pickle Dish, DWR and friends

Blogger's Quilt Festival

Quilt Patterns on Cosy Project