Still in holiday mode

I think I am becoming obsessed with these little houses and now can't look at any little piece of fabric without thinking if it will make a good window, door, walls or roof.  The basket of fabric pieces is now overflowing and I still keep my eye on the lookout for more - very distracting.  However it has been fun stitching the little blocks while watching the Aussie cricketers in winning form.

A couple of recent finishes are these pin cushions to add the the collection.  The Mushroom House was a free pattern from here and the other pincushion with flowers was a kit I purchased some time back and only just got around to finishing.

There was also a birthday lunch at Pescis down on the Marina Boardwalk to enjoy this week.

Take care
Frances

Comments

Susan said…
Oh, I've eaten at that restaurant -the one time I was in Cairns in 2009! Happy birthday .... to you? Many happy returns! Love the pin cushions- too cute! And all those houses! You'll have a thriving neighborhood in no time at all!
Miriam said…
Happy Birthday Frances.

Aren't those little houses addictive!! Lol
Jen said…
Hello Frances,Just catching up after a busy Christmas and New year.I love the little house blocks you have done.sound fun to do .Tomorrow I intend to clean out my fabric drawers and while I am at it should sort for house blocks and check out the site for them.
I also have been watching the cricket. A very Happy Birthday to you.
Hello Frances. Happy Belated Birthday. Your house blocks are very pretty but I love those Pincushion especially the mushroom. I will have to see about making that one. Hugs Judy

PS. I just saw your posting about the Toile Fabric. The book looks great. I have a wee collection of Toile fabrics all different scenes. Not sure what I will make with them all.
LuAnn said…
Your little houses are so cute. You are right that they are addictive, but they are a lot of fun. Happy Birthday to you. The lunch looks wonderful, and what a nice view.
Jenny said…
Happy Birthday - belated now of course. Looks like you had a lovely lunch out.
Jean Carlton said…
I love your little houses. It's fun to get obsessed and stay with one thing until ready to move on! Such small pieced to work with.Hope your birthday was happy.
Linda said…
More lovely houses Frances!! You are going well with them. Love the little pin cushions, too cute. I trust you had a lovely day for your birthday, and best wishes to you for another year. Your lunch looks inviting.
Shirley said…
I am being a very slow house builder whilst yours are being constructed very rapid. They do look so good. The lunch looks good too.
Ellen said…
Your'e houses are beautiful.
Sue said…
Happy Birthday Frances. The house blocks are gorgeous, but I WILL NOT be tempted with this one. haha!
Can't wait to see the finish result!
Joy V said…
Happy belated Birthday to you Frances. Hope you had a lovely day. Your little houses are beautiful. Still not tempted!!

Popular posts from this blog

Pickle Dish, DWR and friends

Blogger's Quilt Festival

Quilt Patterns on Cosy Project