Show and Tell

I have been having lots more fun with the Farmers Wife blocks which now count at 40.  I initially aimed at a scrappy country look but thought I would throw in a few softer florals to add a touch a femininity.


Jenny provided most of the show and tell for the Sunday Stitchers this month and here she is holding a finished table runner and the finished quilt top from the Mini Quilt Workshop two weeks ago.

Heather was working on her Benni Harper quilt and was hand piecing the outer curves for the Mariners Compass block.

A lovely gift arrived in the mail from Jen at Aussie Quilters Cotton Club - gorgeous owl fabric and a very cute owl button all tied up with yellow ribbon which just happens to be my favourite colour.  Thanks Jen.

Till next time
Frances


Comments

Doniene said…
Very nice FW blocks!!! The floral is a very nice touch!! The other projects are wonderful! Thank for sharing.
Michal Erika said…
I love your little red basket block of your Farmer's wife blocks! Darling.
Hello Frances, Your blocks are looking fantastic, I also love the Aussie Table Runner. It gives me idea for my Aussie fabrics. And the mariner compass is wonderful. The owl fabric is super and I also love the writing paper. Hugs Judy
lots of eye candy there...you never know where quilting will take you.
Merilyn said…
Your FW blocks are gorgeous, well done!!! What a lovely little owl button and fabric, very thoughtful gifty!!!
Linda said…
Your FW blocks are so lovely Frances, I enjoy seeing your progress. So lovely to see your friends' work too. I just adore Mariners' Compass blocks!! Lucky you receiving such a sweet parcel. And, don't forget I share your love of yellow..........LOL......
Jen said…
Hello Frances, 40 blocks for FW wow! The floral prints work in really well especially with the basket block.They are all going to make a beautiful quilt. The Sunday Stitching 'girls' always have lovely projects to share.

Popular posts from this blog

Pickle Dish, DWR and friends

Blogger's Quilt Festival

Quilt Patterns on Cosy Project