While watching the Olympics!
I have been thoroughly enjoying watching the olympics this week and this gave me the opportunity to work on projects old and new. My very long time Double Wedding Ring project was brought out for an airing and I enjoyed doing some hand piecing to progress this quilt. I am still not completely sure how large this project will end up but I am determined to finish it some time.
As I have also been recovering from a particularly nasty bout of flu/cold I needed some comfort stitching and the machine pieced Farmers Wife blocks filled the bill beautifully. I am still using an eclectic scrappy mix of fabrics and so far have not repeated a fabric in more than one block. The block count is now 59 and I have passed the halfway mark.
I like to vary my stitching so I have also been doing some nice and easy fusible applique with blanket stitch by hand. These have been the perfect blocks to stitch while watching the games when I have enjoyed sports I don't usually watch, like the equestrian, rowing, diving, hockey, athletics and so forth.
Till next time
Frances
Comments
Love seeing your projects and hope you are feeling much better.
Love seeing the variety of projects that you are working on. I so want to finish my FW but those last few blocks just aren't getting done. Life gets in the way.
I am enjoying the Olympics too despite the time difference.