A gift and a finish

At the last meeting of the Sunday Stitchers I was presented with this wonderful gift by Jenny which will hang in pride of place in my studio after I have finished the machine quilting.  Jenny has been hand stitching this beautiful quilt for a few meetings now and these owls definitely have an individual personality.

Meanwhile in the studio I have finally finished machine quilting "To the Manor Born" which will hang at Cairns Craft Centre as soon as I have completed the pattern.
The back of "To the Manor Born" by Frances Leate
Now I will look forward to when I can settle down and spend some quality time hand stitching the binding to the back which is a process I always enjoy.

Till next time
Frances

Comments

Karen said…
The owl quilt is a lovely gift. Perfect to add to your collection. Good luck completing the binding.
Elyte said…
Those owl definitely have their own personalities. Now that's a lovely gift.
Jen said…
A beautiful gift to you Frances from your Sunday Quilters and so special with your favourite owls.
Enjoy binding.
Shirley said…
I am imagining the personalities of those owls and the one on the bottom left looks like has drunk too much coffee and has had no sleep. Great fun. Love your colours in your quilt Frances. Well done. Enjoy the Sydney show.
Radka said…
What a lovely present!

Popular posts from this blog

Pickle Dish, DWR and friends

Blogger's Quilt Festival

Quilt Patterns on Cosy Project