"Hampton Court"

In the latest edition of Australian Patchwork & Quilting (Vol 19 No 1) there is a project I designed called "Hampton Court".  (Kits are available for this project by contacting Peter at Cairns Craft Centre.)
This quilt was made using soft antique florals and when I was finishing this project I kept thinking of the rose gardens I saw when we were in England last September.  We went to Hampton Court  Palace to visit the Royal School of Needlework and while there I really enjoyed walking around the beautiful gardens full of roses - something you don't see a lot of when you live in a tropical environment.

While on an English theme, here is the finished wall hanging I made with the wonderful panel sent to me by the fabulous Sue (you can visit her blog here).  We have visited the V&A Museum in London on many occasions but were very sorry not to be able to be over there this year for their special Exhibition.  This commemorative panel and the impressive book will ease our disappointment.
I did several designs on how to finish the quilt but in the end opted for something simple as I think the panel speaks for itself.  Definitely something to treasure!

Till next time
Frances

Comments

Sue said…
Frances,The panel looks great- as they often say less is more and that's all the panel needed.
The Hampton Court kit look really nice. Congratulations on getting into Australian P&Q.
Joy V said…
Like the way you finished the panel Frances.

Popular posts from this blog

Pickle Dish, DWR and friends

Blogger's Quilt Festival

Quilt Patterns on Cosy Project