Show and Tell

While I was sorting out some bits and pieces in the Studio this week I came across an interesting piece of fabric, an idea followed and the end result was these fabric strips which are quite a change from the colours I have been working with recently.  Time will tell if the "idea" works out the way I envisage!

The Sunday Stitchers didn't disappoint this week with more lovely projects to share with us all.

Shirley M bought along her beautifully pieced New Zealand quilt which has just come back from the quilter so we could all discuss some binding options.

Shirley W has just finished a lovely small quilt using the bits and pieces which were left over from her "Butterfly Garden" Block of the Month quilt.

Linda  is making one of my designs "Four by Two" and spent some time choosing border fabrics.  The quilt is Linda's third project and she has pieced this expertly using a Jelly Roll.  I am looking forward to seeing the finished quilt.

Jenny is working on her seventh block of the Baltimore style quilt and again has chosen her fabrics well.

Till next time
Frances

Comments

Shirley said…
Lovely show and tell Frances. That sounds like double trouble with two Shirleys in the group. I went to Country Threads in Bath one day with my friend, also a Shirley and in the shop someone said Shirley out loud and 3 of us answered. I bet they all have a middle name of Anne.
Shirley
Linda said…
Francis, I love these colours, and look forward to whatever you will create with them. Hope your weather is not too unpleasant at the moment [heavy rain??]. I managed to get my hands on APQ magazine, great project and great read re the studio, well done.
Radka said…
It is always nice to see what your group has been up to, so much variety:)
Beautiful colours for your new project, I look forward to watching it progress.

Popular posts from this blog

Pickle Dish, DWR and friends

Blogger's Quilt Festival

Quilt Patterns on Cosy Project