Baskets galore!

I have always loved baskets of all shapes and sizes and they have also proved to be a popular theme for me when designing quilts.

My all time favourite quilt which I designed and made some years ago was "Blooming Baskets" which was published as a project in Australian Patchwork & Quilting Vol 18 Nos 1, 2 and 3.  When there is the odd cool night in Cairns this is the quilt I like to cuddle up with.  It was made as a class quilt with different forms of applique and was a very popular class for me.

"Baskets Bright & Beautiful" was a quilt I designed and finished a few months ago and is currently available as a kit from Cairns Craft Centre.

I believe that no Baltimore style quilt would be complete without a basket block and this will be going into my quilt.

I love using baskets for projects and once I had all my hand stitching WIPs in lots of different baskets until they became too numerous and I ran out of space.

Baskets are great for storing fabric and odds and ends and this one contains lots of packs of charm squares and small kits.

I mustn't forget about my threads and I love using Perle 8 thread for blanket stitching and naive big stitch quilting.

I probably have nearly as many baskets as I have bags and believe me that is quite a few.

Till next time
Frances

Comments

Anonymous said…
Super baskets, with contents, or just pieced or appliqued! Baskets are so useful and appealing, but after the first 20 they seem to take up a lot of space! Still find it hard to pass a basket by ...
Sue said…
Ohh Yummy coloured fabrics in those baskets.
I counted my thimble collection last night, and I have 49.
Haven't counted the pincushion collection.:-))
Cheers
Sue
Joy V said…
Thatbasket quilt is beautiful Frances - I love the colours you have used. Can't wait to see the Baltimore when finished. Oh BTW does it get cool in Cairns???

Popular posts from this blog

Pickle Dish, DWR and friends

Blogger's Quilt Festival

Quilt Patterns on Cosy Project