Its starting to feel a bit like Christmas

It has taken me quite a while to get into the Chrismas spirit but it really felt like Christmas was just around the corner when I was out shopping today - there were gangs of young teenagers just released from institutions for their 6 weeks summer holiday, screaming kids, a queue out the door of the post office and the shops absolutely laden with merchandise.

It was especially lovely to get these early Christmas presents from special stitching friends.
Crystal owls for the studio 

Owl pins to add to my pin quilt
Now all I have to do is finish my shopping, write our Christmas cards, finish a few special Christmas projects and create order out of absolute chaos in the studio and house.  Thinking about all this has made me tired so I will do a Scarlet O'Hara because "tomorrow is another day".

Till next time
Frances

Comments

gmacdoug said…
As a fellow owl collector I absolutely love the crystal owls! Gillian
Anonymous said…
For some reason I always find Christmas hard going and, these days, just don't get organised ahead of time like I used to. Love your new owls, and well done for your organising so far.
Radka said…
Oh, the Christmas pressure! All those Christmas cards still await!
Thank you, Frances, for all your comments:)) We are having a few days break from the cold, above zero right now, but the cold will be back next week, so they tell us. One good thing about hand quilting, it keeps me warm while I am stitching:)
Jenny said…
Yes, it certyainly is a busy old time of year, isn't it. We always seem to get there in the end, though.
Margaret said…
A smile came to the dial with your post--- don't you love the energy of the youths that have tunnel vision and can't see more than two feet in front of them if they can see that far through the hair. Love em ! shows that Christmas is around the corner.