Remembering Christmases of yesterday

While working on some of our Christmas preparations today I kept thinking about the incredibly happy Christmases I had when growing up in the family home in Clovelly, Sydney.  This photo was taken on Christmas Eve circa 1967 (I am the one in pink with the alice band) just after the big exchange of Christmas presents. 

There was always a large family gathering on Christmas Eve and that was when we usually opened our presents.  My magnificent Mother would put on a wonderful spread and then back up again the next day with a big sit down lunch for about 14 or more if we had a waif or stray to add to the family group.  Then on Christmas night neighbours and friends would come to join the party.

Tomorrow (or I should say later today) I will do some cleaning, add a few more decorations, wrap presents and generally get ready for the big day - luckily I can leave the food side of things to Peter.

Till next time
Frances

Comments

Sue said…
Nice memories of old. Good old Peter your personal chef. Lucky Girl.
Have a great one .
Sue
Shirley said…
Have a great time at Christmas Frances. Love your family photo. You can tell there is love and happiness within.
Love Shirley.x
Margaret said…
We don't realise when we have a photo taken , just how many memories that will stir up. Love your family photo and the girl in pink has grown into a lovely person, in fact happiness breeds happiness. Have a Blest Christmas .
Radka said…
Happy Christmas, Frances!

Popular posts from this blog

Pickle Dish, DWR and friends

Blogger's Quilt Festival

Civil War Blocks