Happy Christmas!
Happy Christmas to all my wonderful friends out there in blogland. It has been an amazing experience venturing into this world in cyberspace and I really appreciate and value the friendship and wonderful comments from my loyal followers. I hope you all have a really wonderful day today and enjoy the rest of the holiday season.
Well the house is now cleaner than it was and somewhat tidy although I am sure that will not last long. Santa has been and the tree is looking very tempting with lots of goodies for Peter and me under it - we are really just two big kids at Christmas!!!
Well the house is now cleaner than it was and somewhat tidy although I am sure that will not last long. Santa has been and the tree is looking very tempting with lots of goodies for Peter and me under it - we are really just two big kids at Christmas!!!
I thought I would share this special hand stitched gift I received from Lesleigh which now lives on the chair in our Studio. Lesleigh stitches everything by hand and never uses a machine or iron and does wonderful work. Thank you again Lesleigh for this beautiful present.
Peter received a hand made card and lovely letter from one of his grandsons who is 7 years old which is now proudly displayed in the living room. Very special and very appreciated.
I tool a little time out from house cleaning duties to escape to the Studio and hand stitch some last minute tree decorations. I saw a project by Sandie Lush in British Patchwork & Stitching November edition for some cards using Colonial knot embroidery and beads and converted it to tree decorations which are now hanging on our tree. I couldn't get a good photo as they are stitched and beaded in white and gold but they look lovely on the tree.
Its lucky that Santa didn't need to come to Cairns by road this year as we have had such a big "Wet" season our main highway is flooded down near Ingham so we are stranded here in the Far North. We are used to lots of rain so on Boxing Day I intend to settle in front of the TV and watch some cricket and stitch for the next few days.
Peter has let me know what is on the menu for Christmas Day - breakfast will be Ham and Eggs Benedict accompanied by Bellinis (Champagne with peach syrup). Seafood is planned for lunch - Oysters Mornay for a starter followed by Garlic Prawns with various salads and then Fruit Pudding with Brandy sauce.
Enjoy your day wherever you are!
Happy Christmas
Frances
Comments
With love from
Shirley.x
I hope you stay safe with all that rain.
Enjoy your stitching!
I met Sandy Lush at a show, it wasn't easy to control myself and not to buy loads of her kits!!
Enjoy the rest of the holiday:)
I hope you had a great Christmas, and by the sound of it you did. How lovely to have an in house chef. It must be an Aussie thing to have garlic prawns for Christmas. My son in Brisbane did also. We have had some of your rain, but today is lovely and sunny.
Cheers
Sue