Sunday Stitchers' Show and Tell
The Sunday Stitchers got together this morning at Cairns Craft Centre for a post cyclone recovery party and as usual there was "Show and Tell" for us all to enjoy while Peter served up Raspberry Muffins.
Thora has just finished the top of a Kaleidoscope block quilt which she began in the Colourscope Design Workshop Peter and I conducted some time back. I just love the rich colours and Thora's design really makes a statement and I am looking forward to seeing the finished project after quilting.
Kathy, our high achiever, is doing two of each block and I really enjoyed seeing the blocks in all the different colourways. I think she has something special in mind for the second Seven Sisters block.
I had a small mug mat which I made to give my machine a workout after I took it from storage. I love these small projects for using up small fabric and batting scraps.
Sonjia was working on her Pie blocks and showed us the segments which she prepared while the cyclone was terrorising us on Wednesday night.
I had the blocks that I had stitched that same evening while listening to the coverage on local radio.
Till next time
Frances
Thora has just finished the top of a Kaleidoscope block quilt which she began in the Colourscope Design Workshop Peter and I conducted some time back. I just love the rich colours and Thora's design really makes a statement and I am looking forward to seeing the finished project after quilting.
Some of the girls have caught the Civil War Quilt bug and Jenny had her completed blocks 1 to 5 to share with us.
Kathy, our high achiever, is doing two of each block and I really enjoyed seeing the blocks in all the different colourways. I think she has something special in mind for the second Seven Sisters block.
I had a small mug mat which I made to give my machine a workout after I took it from storage. I love these small projects for using up small fabric and batting scraps.
Sonjia was working on her Pie blocks and showed us the segments which she prepared while the cyclone was terrorising us on Wednesday night.
I had the blocks that I had stitched that same evening while listening to the coverage on local radio.
Till next time
Frances
Comments
Judy B