Little houses and yellow roses

I have finished stitching the blocks for my little village of houses, at least for the time being, and will now add some sashing  and then layer and quilt it.  This project is a lot of fun but also quite time consuming and I really need to get on to other designs.

I have mentioned before that yellow is my favourite colour so it is not surprising that I just love yellow roses and these were a very romantic gesture from my wonderful husband for Valentines Day.

Till next time
Frances

Comments

Maureen said…
Beautiful blocks, beautiful roses! I'm impress with the number of blocks you've done.
Doniene said…
The little house village is charming!! Such bright cheerful colors! What a sweetie - the roses are beautiful - for a beautiful lady!!
Shirley said…
I may follow your lead there Frances, your little houses look so charming and a wallhanging will look great. Lovely flowers from Peter.
Radka said…
I love the little houses, I can see it was a lot of work. It will be a great quilt when finished :)
Lovely roses :))
Karen said…
Your little village has certainly grown. They look great.
Beautiful roses!
Linda said…
What a charming little village you've created Frances. I love it, so colourful.

So nice to see your roses too, and good to know you were not forgotten. My hubby really loves yellow roses [particularly Friesia]. Hope your week has been happy and productive. Cheers.
Anonymous said…
Determined to get Blogger to accept comments from Wordpress! The houses look terrific and yellow roses are wonderful to look at on a grey February day
Merilyn said…
You have done a great job with your little house blocks, and your layout is big enough to give the idea of this quilt, well done!!!!
I enjoyed reading the article too in Homespun magazine!!! Love your yellow roses, I bet they had a divine fragrance!
Vivian said…
Your houses look great, and this layout makes a lovely project.
Yellow roses are some of my favorite flowers. Lucky you, Frances.
Elyte said…
Your little quilt top looks like an English village with all the house built up right next to each other and with a strong sense of community. Lovely Frances.
Sue said…
Wow! The blocks are lovely, and so are the Roses. My DH picked me a hydrangea flower and put it in a vase. I must say my Hydrangea flowers are about 10" in diameter. :-) The roses were finished.haha!