Historical Quilts

I am keenly interested in quilt history and love reading about old quilts and Peter and I have managed to collect quite a library on the subject.  Santa was particularly kind at Christmas with a few more to add to the collection -
A highlight of our trip to the USA last October was a visit to the Daughters of the American Revolution Museum in Washington DC where our group was given a private viewing of some of their archival quilts.  We put on our white gloves and were allowed to get up close and personal with the antique quilts - what a treat! 


Luckily Peter remembered to take some photos because I was too busy enjoying every minute of being with the quilts.

Till next time
Frances

Comments

Sue said…
Glad Peter took the photos I would have been just like you and completely obsessed with looking at the quilts.

Popular posts from this blog

Pickle Dish, DWR and friends

Blogger's Quilt Festival

Quilt Patterns on Cosy Project