"Marmalade and Jam"

Hot off the press in the latest edition of Australian Patchwork & Quilting Vol 19 No 8 is a project for a small quilt I hand pieced and hand quilted using the big stitch Perle thread method. 

"Marmalade and Jam" by Frances Leate AP&Q Vol19 No 8
It was a fun little quilt to design and make and proved to be very portable and travelled with me on the odd trip away.  The only time I resorted to the sewing machine was to add the prairie points as stitching through so many thicknesses of fabric can be very hard going on my right hand.  My favourite colour "yellow" also managed to creep into things!

Till next time
Frances

Comments

Shirley said…
That is a really pretty little quilt Frances.
Love the colours.
Shirley.x
Thanks for the comment you left on my blog. I'm glad I may have inspired you to put together your blocks from Judy's class. Isn't blogland wonderful for inspiring us. Love your quilt in the latest APQ. Cheers, Rowena
Radka said…
Frances, that is beautiful! I will try to get that issue over here, if I can:)
Radka said…
Frances, is it vol 18 or 19, can you please check that for me?
Julia said…
Looks lovely Frances.
...I will check it out today..
Susan said…
What a lovely quilt - and I didn't realise you were so famous!
Sue said…
Lovely little quilt Frances,
Margaret said…
I left the T.V. and the cycling to come back to the computer, which I had turned on , but not visited. So here I am You have done some lovely work , you must be pleased at the way your pieces have turned out especially the table runner with the candlewick, I would have never thought of doing that. Thanks for stopping by and thanks for your lovely posts.
What a charming little quilt with an equally charming name! I love making small quilts, so this project would be a fun one for me. Love the color palette you picked as well.
Anonymous said…
love your 'marmalade and jam' quilt! off to buy the magazine today while i am out. the colours are wonderful, i also like those funny yellows mixed with unusual combinations!
QueenB said…
I love the Marmalade and Jam quilt and just have the new AP&Q with the Star Bright quilt. I am going to use the Inklingo method of printing shapes on the back of the fabric for the M&J quilt as I have most of the shapes in my collections. Keep up the great work these little quilts have inspired me to keep my subscription going for a while longer.
Simone

Popular posts from this blog

Pickle Dish, DWR and friends

Blogger's Quilt Festival

Quilt Patterns on Cosy Project