Show and Tell

The Sunday Stitchers entertained us yesterday with some wonderful projects they were currently working on.  There was Jenny's Jelly Roll quilt which she is going to add some borders to.


Shirley W has been busy making table runners using Cathedral Window blocks which are going to make wonderful gifts.

Thora has been busy making some bright and happy quilts for some her grandchildren -
Thora was going to use this quilt as the pieced back but she has now decided to use it as another quilt top and add a different backing for both quilts.

I had a quick project to show that I have just made which I called "Knees and Toes" because that is how I am going to use this coverlet.  It is just two layers without batting and has a pieced back.  Even in the tropics it can sometimes get a little draughty in the airconditioning and I just need something light to put on my knees when I am hand stitching.  The quilt uses two packs of Moda's "Louisa" charm squares plus 5 extra beige marble squares and some fabric for the border.

The pieced back is made up of left overs from my Kay England "Back Home Again" quilt.

Till next time
Frances



Comments

Shirley said…
I do love your Sunday show and tell. Lovely projects as always and I love the colours in Shirley's Catherdral window table runners. Olly's mum and dad will be in Cairns this week.
Love Shirley.x
Enjoyed seeing the projects. Love your blog's name.
Jenny said…
Always nice to see what others have been doing. I love the cathedral windows but don't think I would be patient enough to make them, although I do believe that there is a pattern where most of the steps are done by machine.

Popular posts from this blog

Pickle Dish, DWR and friends

Blogger's Quilt Festival

Quilt Patterns on Cosy Project