Civil War Quilt Blocks

I have been falling a bit behind with this project during the last couple of weeks but today took some time to make Block 13 "Little Blue Basket" and Block 14 "Fox and Geese".  Now all I have to do is sew Block 15 and I will be up todate - at least for this stitchalong project.  I love making basket blocks and decided to add a handle to mine.

"Little Blue Basket" - Block 13 CWQ

"Fox and Geese" - Block 14 CWQ
At the last meeting of the Sunday Stitchers at Cairns Craft Centre there were lots more of these Civil War Quilt blocks to see.  This project has captured the interest of quite a few of the girls who seem to be enjoying it as much as I am.

Jenny is always up todate with her blocks and usually gets up early on the Sunday morning so she can arrive with the latest block finished.

It has been a while since we have seen Thora so she had lots of lovely blocks to show and tell.

Kathy is keeping up with her original intention and making two of each block.  I like the way she has varied the light and dark fabrics in the repeat blocks.

Till next time
Frances

Comments

Sue said…
As usual love them all. I have to confess I am now way behind after the NYC trip and teaching in Cornwall. My own Quilt groups Exhibition this weekend so I will have fallen another week behind ;-(
Maureen said…
Beautiful blocks - makes me wish I had kept up! Love the blue paisley in Kathy's blocks
Radka said…
Lovely blocks, I love your blue basket:)
antique quilter said…
oh your blocks are so pretty, I love that basket block perfect fabric choices.
what red fabric is that on the corners of fox and geese block?
hmmm looks like a red I missed!
thanks
kathie
Sue said…
Lovely blocks Frances. It's quite fun waiting for the new pattern then sewing it up.
Have to think of a nice way to sew therm altogether.
Cheers
Sue
Linda said…
Your blocks are lovely Frances, as are those of your friends. I am sure we will all be in raptures when we see the final result. I love the colours in these fabrics.

Popular posts from this blog

Pickle Dish, DWR and friends

Blogger's Quilt Festival

Quilt Patterns on Cosy Project